Announcement of Scholarships 2019-20
The Academy Vivarium novum is offering ten full-tuition scholarships for high school students (16-18 years old) and twenty-eight full-tuition scholarships for University students (18-24 years old) of any part of the world. The scholarships will cover all of the costs of room, board in male dorms, teaching and didactic materials for courses to be held from October 2019 until June 2020 on the grounds of the Academy’s campus at Villa Falconieri (Frascati - Rome).
Application letters must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org) before the 10 of June 2019. The selection process will come to an end within August.
The courses will be as follows:
- Latin language (fundamental and advanced)
- Greek language (fundamental and advanced)
- Latin composition
- Roman History
- Ancient Latin literature
- History of ancient Philosophy
- Renaissance and Neo-Latin literature
- Latin and Greek music and poetry
- Classics reading seminars
The goal is to achieve a perfect command of both Latin and Greek through a total immersion in the two languages in order to master without any hindrances the texts and concepts which have been handed down from the ancient times, middle ages, the Renaissance period and modern era, and to cultivate the humanities in a manner similar to the Renaissance humanists.
All the classes will be conducted in Latin, except for Greek classes which will be conducted in ancient Greek.
In order to submit your application, you must send a motivation letter. On it you should introduce yourself in a detailed manner and explain why you would like to participate in our program. Besides this, the letter should contain the following information:
- Full name;
- Date and location of birth;
- What school you currently attend;
- How long you have studied Latin and/or Greek;
- Which authors and works you have read;
- Other studies and primary interests outside of school.
In addition, please attach a recent photograph and a copy of your passport or your ID card.